C A L L F O R P A P E R S
CRISES AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT THROUGH THE AGES
19 – 20 September 2019, Veliko Turnovo
The Faculty of History, the Institute of Bulgarian Studies at the University of Veliko Turnovo and the Centre for Economic History Research (CEHR) are kindly inviting you to attend the scientific conference “Crises and Economic Development through the Ages”, which will be held at the University of Veliko Turnovo between 19th and 20th September 2019.
You can take part in the conference’s sessions with 15-minute presentation in one of the following thematic panels:
- СEconomic crises and their impact on political and social life;
- Political, military and diplomatic crises and their impact on economy;
- Institutional responses to economic crises;
- Internal and external causes of economic crises;
- Legislation related to economic crises and attempts to overcome them;
- The impact of international economic crises on Bulgarian economic and political development.
The working languages of the conference will be Bulgarian and English.
The Organizing Committee aims to publish the papers as the Third volume of the Proceedings of CEHR. Since it will be referenced edition, the participants in the conference have to submit their texts in accordance with the following requirements:
- To include abstract in English after the title of the text (150-300 words);
- To add key words in English after the abstract;
- To indicate JEL classification. For details see here
- To insert pictures, tables, diagrams and sketches (if applicable) in the text with numbers and annotations;
- To cite archival sources in footnotes;
- To use Harvard short reference system when citing information sources (see here)
- To use Streamlined System for transliteration when citing in Cyrillic (see here).
The deadline for submissions of proposals is 1 July 2019. The proposals must include short abstract, which should not exceed 150 words. Applications should be submitted on CEHR’s site: (http://csii.bg/regformEn.html)
or to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All participants in the conference need to cover their own expenses during their stay in Varna.
Additional information for the conference will be provided on CEHR’s web-site: (http://csii.bg/home.html)
Assoc. Prof Gergana Georgieva
President of the Organizing Committee