C A L L F O R P A P E R S
INSTITUTIONS AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE BULGARIAN LANDS THROUGH THE AGES
28 – 29 September 2018, Veliko Turnovo
The Faculty of History, the Institute of Bulgarian Studies at the University of Veliko Turnovo and the Centre for Economic History Research (CEHR) are kindly inviting you to attend the scientific conference “Institutions and Economic Development of the Bulgarian Lands through the Ages”, which will be held at the University of Veliko Turnovo between 28th and 29th September 2018.
You can take part in the conference’s sessions with 15-minute presentation in one of the following thematic panels:
• Concepts of ownership, market, competition, businesses, entrepreneurship and their importance for economic development;
• The role, existence or non-existence of the rule of law;
• Informal institutions and their role in Bulgarian economic development;
• Formal institutions – municipalities, parishes, guilds, different administrative structures, parliament, etc. and their role in economic development.
The working languages of the conference will be Bulgarian and English.
The Organizing Committee aims to publish the papers as the Third volume of the Proceedings of CEHR. Since it will be referenced edition, the participants in the conference have to submit their texts in accordance with the following requirements:
- To include abstract in English after the title of the text (150-300 words);
- To add key words in English after the abstract;
- To indicate JEL classification. For details see here;
- To insert pictures, tables, diagrams and sketches (if applicable) in the text with numbers and annotations;
- To cite archival sources in footnotes;
- To use Harvard short reference system when citing information sources (see here);
- To use Streamlined System for transliteration when citing in Cyrillic (see here).
The deadline for submissions of proposals is 1 July 2018. The proposals must include short abstract, which should not exceed 150 words. Applications should be submitted on CEHR’s site: (http://csii.bg/regformEn.html)
or to be sent to: email@example.com
The conference fee (non-refundable) of 15 Euro or 30 Leva (excluding transfer charges outside Bulgaria), should be sent to the following account:
BANK: ALLIANZ BANK BULGARIA
IBAN: BG 50 BUIN7001 3152500016
with a note: Conference fee on behalf of [Name of the participant] for ‘Institutions and Economic Development of the Bulgarian Land through the Ages’, Faculty of History, University of Veliko Turnovo
All participants in the conference need to cover their own expenses during their stay in Varna.
Additional information for the conference will be provided on CEHR’s web-site: (http://csii.bg/home.html)
Assoc. Prof Gergana Georgieva
President of the Organizing Committee