CALL FOR PAPERS
THE URBAN ECONOMY IN THE BULGARIAN LANDS TROUGH THE AGES
September, 30 – October, 1 2016, Varna
The Chair of Social Sciences and Humanities of the University of Economics – Varna and the Centre for Economic History Research (CEHR) are kindly inviting you to attend the scientific conference “The Urban Economy in the Bulgarian Lands through the Ages”, which will be held at the University of Economics – Varna between September, 30 and October, 1 2016. You can take part in the conference’s sessions with 15-minute presentation in one of the following thematic panels:
- Trade and tradesman in the Bulgarian towns and cities throughout history;
- Towns and cities as clusters of craftsmen and artisan production;
- Processes of proto-industrialization and industrialization in the Bulgarian urban space;
- Consequences of the economic activities in the modern urban centers – urbanization, demography and social networks;
- Economy and urban development in historical discourse;
- Local, national and global aspects of the urban economy;
- The administrative center as factor in the economic activities;
- Economic theories and historiographical approaches to the problems of the urban economy.
The working languages of the conference will be Bulgarian and English.
During the conference will be held a special session with discussion on the principles and the organization of a Bibliography on the Bulgarian Economic and Historical literature, which will be one of the main future activities of CEHR.
The Organizing Committee aims to publish the papers which will be presented during the conference by the end of 2016. It is planned that the presented volume will be the first issue of CEHR annual. Since it will apply for referenced edition, the participants in the conference have to submit their texts in accordance with the following requirements:
- To include abstract in English after the title of the text;
- To add key words in English after the abstract;
- To use Harvard short reference system when citing information sources ( LINK );
- To use Streamlined System for transliteration when citing in Cyrillic ( LINK ).
The deadline for submissions of proposals is September, 1 2016. The proposals must include short abstract which should not exceed 150 words. Applications should be submitted on CEHR’s site or to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference fee (non-refundable) of 15 Euro or 30 Leva (excluding transfer charges outside Bulgaria), should be sent to the following account:
BANK: CIBANK JSF
IBAN: BG 39 BUIB 9888 3129 2762 00
with a note: University of Economics, Department of Social Sciences and Humanities’ Conference fee on behalf of …. [Name of the participant]
All participants in the conference need to cover their own expenses during their stay in Varna.
Additional information for the conference will be provided on CEHR’s web-site.
Prof. Ivan Roussev, Dr.Sc.
President of the Organizing Committee
Assist. prof. Boriana Antonova, PhD
Secretary of the Organizing Committee